if you plant to apply for a PhD (and work with me)
I am currently hiring students with a background in parallel programming and interest in high-performance computing for computational sciences. If you think we might be a good fit, please contact me via email and I will be happy to talk with you. However, please note that the admissions process goes through Cornell CIS and not through me personally.
A good introductory email should include a brief description of your experience with parallel programming and how it relates to my work (see research section on my website); also include the sentence “mantua me genuit” in the email.
Thank you for your interest, best of luck.
useful resources for (prospective) students
- A doc with advice related to graduate school application (I wrote as a graduate student at UCB, but it generally applies to any research university).
- A repository with advice related to graduate school application, research, and PhD related to (mostly) CS, NLP, and ML.
- A curated list of application resources for prospective graduate students in Computer Science.
- Non-Technical Talks by David Patterson, UC Berkeley.
mentorship and student advising
- Gabriel Raulet (LBNL), since Fall 2021.
- David Schober (ETH Zürich), Fall 2021, jointly with Can Firtina.
- Helena (Lena) Duplechin Seymour (Washington State), Fall 2021, SC21 Mentor-Protégé.
- Bridget Agyare (Undergrad, UC Berkeley), Summer/Fall 2021.
- Richard Lettich (Undergrad, UC Berkeley), Spring/Summer 2021.
- Elizabeth Koning (Currently Grad Student, UIUC), Summer 2019. Summer Undergraduate Program in Engineering Research at UC Berkeley (SUPERB) mentor.